Sunday, July 21, 2013

Slut-Shaming (It Happens to Guys, Too!)

July 21, 2013 - 1:16 a.m.
Justin: I keep thinking of getting out of here and finding you waiting for me at home. We could lounge on the couch, eat good food and then fall all over each other.

July 21, 2013 - 1:19 a.m.
Justin: I miss you, Amber. I miss my lover and my friend. Those were never mutually exclusive things. I miss you confiding in me. I miss being someone you trusted, and wanted. I wish I knew the right thing to say/do to win your (seemingly fickle) favor again.

July 21, 2013 - 1:23 a.m.
Justin: I can't believe of all people you were so quick to write me off. Such a shame.
. . . Fuck.

July 21, 2013 - 1:26 a.m.
Amber: You know what turned me off on you? It was two things - first that you wanted me too much. Second is that you have such a fucked relationship with every girl you know. You've had sex with every single girl you're friends with. Girls come into town, fuck you, and leave. And you go to visit girls . . . You just sleep with every girl. I don't think you know how to just have girl friends. And I really felt uncomfortable that every time I met a girl you know, they felt like they had ownership of you. I just, I just won't deal with that.

July 21, 2013 - 1:27 a.m.
Amber: Two moments ended it  for me. The first was when you just showed up to my house. The second was when you told me **** had that dream about you.

July 21, 2013 - 1:30 a.m.
Justin: You invited me over for lunch. I came. I didn't know the offer was no longer on the table.

July 21, 2013 - 1:32 a.m.
Justin: Also, no one has ownership of me. I would have given that privilege to you - if you were actually serious about a relationship. We could have discussed all sorts of boundaries. But you ran and then blamed it all on me.

July 21, 2013 - 1:33 a.m.
Justin: I can't believe how judgmental you've turned out to be. Throwing stones at glass houses is never the sensible route. Tourist.

July 21, 2013 - 1:39
Justin: Really, I was hoping to recapture the magic that I truly thought we had. But now I know how little you really think of me, which is a terrible shame because I truly think the world of you. What a dummy I am for thinking that you could possibly mean what you said/did, right? *I'm* the asshole for taking you at your word. Got it.

Good riddance.

2 comments:

velander said...


July 23, 2013 - 4:35 a.m.
Amber: Just noticed you posted our last few texts with my name to the Internet. Take it down, Justin.

July 23, 2013 - 4:36 a.m.
Amber: Or at the very least change my name. Jesus Christ.

July 23, 2013 - 4:38 a.m.
Amber: Also, the title? You're a fucking gentleman. Class act.

July 23, 2013 - 7:30 a.m.
Justin: You tried to slut-shame me AND insulted my friend, who have been nothing but kind, generous and supportive to you. We're obviously done here.

July 23, 2013 - 7:33 a.m.
Justin: Sorry, you insulted my FRIENDS - as in plural. They don't appreciate the fact that you would be such a hypocrite or a bully to me OR them. Especially the ones I haven't fucked. (Surprise, surprise - it's a lot!)

July 23, 2013 - 7:45 a.m.
Justin: All I ever asked of you is that you don't give me a "Maybe" if you had no real intent to see me on a particular night. That's it. Instead YOU twisted that into something far more dramatic and cruel and controlling - and then took carte blanche to spray your vitriol on the people who matter most to me. Class act yourself, Amber.

velander said...

Seven hours later . . .

July 23, 2013 - 2:24 p.m.
Amber: I'll ask you nicely, please take it down.

July 23, 2013 - 2:42 p.m.
Justin: Other than a first name, there is nothing connecting you to the blog post. And my friends are already well aware of how poorly you've treated me. I'm not vindictive, Amber. I'm only pointing out how these kind of conflicts are not only hurtful and polarizing, they're completely unnecessary.

July 23, 2013 - 2:43 p.m.
Justin: That, and you've STILL yet to apologize to me -- and now my friends. I don't appreciate your coldness, your apathy, your duplicity, and neither do they.

July 23, 2013 - 2:45 p.m.
Amber: If I thought I could be nice to you, I would be. Simply telling you I didn't want to see you anymore wasn't enough, though.

July 23, 2013 - 2:46 p.m.
Justin: If you *could* be nice to me? You were. And then you weren't - and started treating me with utter disregard. That's not how you treat friends, Amber. You know this.

July 23, 2013 - 2:47 p.m.
Justin: If I had known how immature and ugly you could truly be, I would've never even bothered to look your way. You hurt me simply because you could. Shame on you.

July 23, 2013 - 2:48 p.m.
Amber: That's not true - but I'm sick of having to justify not wanting to date you. Forget it.

July 23, 2013 - 2:48 p.m.
Justin: Who said anything about dating me? Once again, more assumptions. And lies.

July 23, 2013 - 2:50 p.m.
Justin: I get it - you don't want me, and you won't apologize 'cause that's "just who you are". So leave me alone. I've deleted your number and have erased your texts. Keep what you have of mine or throw it away. I'll just buy new copies.

July 23, 2013 - 2:51 p.m.
Amber: Sleeping with you, being romantic, whatever you want to call it . . . I told you I wasn't interested and you didn't seem to give a shit.

July 23, 2013 - 2:55 p.m.
Justin: NO, you told/did one thing and then suddenly pulled the rug out from under me without any explanation whatsoever. You toyed with my emotions and then punished me when you realized that I actually meant everything I said. My feelings are MY feelings. You were sure cool with them when you felt shitty, but the moment that changed I was nothing but the shit on the heel of your shoe. You went from being trusting and forthright and sincere to duplicitous and gross and apathetic -- all the while acting like I was being rude/hysterical, especially when I just wanted to know what the fuck was going on. I was your friend, confidant and lover, Amber -- I had the right and the courtesy to know.

July 23, 2013 - 2:55 p.m.
Justin: Good luck, Amber. I wish you no ill will and nothing but the best. Go get 'em, tiger.