Thursday, September 18, 2008

El Lobo Herido

I'm doing everything I can to distract myself, to immerse myself in countless social functions and personal projects, but I can't get you out of my head.

I don't know if you miss me. I don't know if you care. But I miss you so much, Rojita. I miss you. so. goddamn. much. Half the time I feel like there's a knife twisting in my heart . . . the other half I just feel empty, and no matter what I try, I just can't fill the place that you're supposed to occupy.

I didn't want to bother you further with a phone call. I just wanted to say I love you and that I miss you terribly and that I wish there was a way to convince you that we are good for each other.

No, scratch that. I wish I didn't have to convince you. I wish you just knew.

Have a wonderful weekend. I'll be busy trying to distract myself with loud music and foreign sights and long stretches of highway. I have a feeling it won't do much, but it's worth a try. Anything at this point is better than brooding at home and wondering where you might be and what might inspire you to call upon me.

Rest assured, though, you will be in my thoughts.

You are always in my thoughts.

Love,
Lobo

No comments: